Product Service & Repair
Are my Nikon products covered under warranty?
Nikon's warranty is exclusive to Nikon Canada. Nikon products must be purchased through an Authorized Nikon Canada reseller. The following are covered under a Canadian warranty against manufacturing defects. Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes without electronic components All Nikon Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes without electronic components purchased new from an authorized Nikon Canada reseller include a lifetime limited warranty from the date of purchase.
Read the complete Nikon SRO Products without electronic components Warranty
Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes with electronic components
All Nikon Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes with electronic components purchased new from an authorized Nikon Canada reseller include a one-year limited warranty on the electronic components and a lifetime limited warranty on the non-electronic components from the date of purchase.
Read the complete Nikon SRO Products with electronic components Warranty
All Nikon Laser Rangefinders purchased new from an authorized Nikon Canada reseller include a two-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
Read the complete Nikon Laser Rangefinder Warranty
This warranty will not cover:
- Necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear
- Modifications to upgrade the product from its normal purpose as described in user manuals, without the prior written consent of Nikon
- Transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the products
- Any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the product, without the prior written consent of Nikon, in order to comply with local and national standards in force in any country than the ones for which the product was originally designed and/or manufactured
The warranty will not be applicable in the case of:
- Damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the product for its normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation and use of the product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used
- Damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, misuse or neglect
- Alteration, defacing illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the product
- Damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorized service organizations or persons
- Damage in any system into which the product is incorporated or with which it used
What to include when shipping your product to Nikon Canada Inc.:
You should pack your product safely and securely. Then, be sure to enclose the following information with your product:
- Return Address
- Telephone Number
- Written description of the problem
- Copy of the Proof of Purchase (if still under the terms of the original warranty)
- Proof or Purchase may be a copy of the bill of sale, credit card statement or cancelled check
- The Proof of Purchase must include date of sale
- Please note that Nikon Canada Inc. warranties do not cover misuse or abuse, including tampering by unauthorized persons, or impact, sand or liquid damage
We recommend the following procedures for shipping and handling:
- Secure the product in the original box and packaging if available
- Place the boxed product in a good corrugated cardboard box.
- We recommend insuring the product via the carrier
- Obtain a tracking number when available
- Do not include any batteries, neck straps, memory cards or other accessories unless they are part of the issue
Where to ship your product for servicing:
Send your product to the address below, according to where you reside within Canada.
|Nikon Canada Inc.|
|For Customer Support & After Sales Service: 1-877-534-9910|
It is advised to contact Nikon Support (either through the Ask a Question or by telephone) before sending the product in, unless the item is clearly broken or damaged. Many issues can be solved without returning the product. We regret that your product needs repair and will strive to make the repair as easy and fast as possible.